Food Emerging Trends & Italian Food”: A Web Talk
The talk will examine the following topics concerning food and agriculture:
- Food security, with over 800 million hungry people and over 2 billion undernourished.
- Food safety and the GMO debate.
- Food sustainability, given about 1/4 of CO2 emissions are agrifood-related and about 30% of food is wasted.
- Food systems, the food value chains.
- The increasing trend of “out of home” consumption.
- The Food vs Fuel debate, given the increasing price of grains.
- Food Technology in addressing the current challenges. - Legislative approaches to Food in Northern America and Europe.
- Final reflections on Italian Food between the different trends, perceptions and current reality.
Friday, 22 April 2022, 12.00 pm-1.45 pm (Pacific Day Time/Vancouver)
In English – Online via Zoom
The event is organized by The Dante Alighieri Society of BC (www.dantesocietybc.ca) in collaboration with the Italian Institute of Culture in Toronto
Link to the registration page or RSVP at email@example.com
About the speaker: Nicola Chiaranda has a Master’s Degree in Economy from the University of Venice and a long career as a Finance and Business Development executive. With his company Cropfield Consulting, he now provides advice on Strategy, Business Development & Finance especially to Agribusiness and Food multinational companies. Nicola teaches Private Equity and Development Funding at the University of Venice and invests in innovative agribusiness & food start-up.
#food #futurefoods #sustainability #vancouver #italianculture #italianfood #italianlanguage